forming friendships

These are the feet of a forming friendship. These are the feet of two girls who came over to my house. The laughter, the singing, the strumming guitars, and the eating of pizza rolls which we hadn't had for a long time. I've been meeting people here, forming more friendships, learning more about people in the youth group, and living more of a fun life, full of laughter. I can honestly say it's not miserable anymore. I don't cry myself to sleep anymore. I get excited over the little things, and I still miss my friends back home and prefer the cities over Duluth any day, but I do love it here. The crisp fall air is beautiful, and I had a photo shoot with two beautiful girls. I'm enjoying life, and not worrying about when I get to move back, or when I get to visit again. I really am learning to love it, and embrace each day. Thankful for every time I meet someone new, or get to hangout with a friendly face. I am blessed.

2 comments:

  1. Goodness, I know how the new place thing goes. I remember all the times I went to bed crying and in perpetual dread for the next day. Finally, I came to be content with where God has put me, and willing to bloom. And after a year, I started seeing the seeds of friendship with people at my church (aren't youth groups the best?). Now, almost a year and a half later, I am still in awe of God's continual blessings. He never leaves me or forsakes me. I have made dear dear friends, and am still making them. I think you understood all that a lot sooner than I did, which is so good. I don't know you, but I'm praying that you will continue to make dear friends who you will know for years to come. xo, c

    ReplyDelete