reflecting 2012 & goal setting for 2013


The countdown begins ya'll. 15 days until Christmas. I like to refer to it as Jesus' birthday since the word Christmas can be said without evening thinking a second about the real meaning of the day. I mean, people who aren't Christians celebrate, but it's more a day of presents and cookies and trees decorated with fun colors. Do not forget the real meaning of Christmas. Celebrating the birth of our wonderful Lord and savior. 

We've got about a foot of snow, and it is BEAUTIFUL. I traced out into it yesterday to take some pictures and loved the white fluffy substance my boots collected. (and my oh my do I love those boots.) I want to encourage my readers to spend the last few weeks of 2012 thinking  about their year, how it was spent, all the good & bad things that happened, and maybe journal some. Count your blessings, think of the places you went, all the people you met, the new adventures you took. Oh boy is life ever exciting. Goals for 2013 isn't such a bad idea either, how do you want to grow on your walk with Christ? How do you want to form relationships with close friends? I really just can't wait for another year of excitement. 2012 for me, was one of my biggest years. I met so many new people, did a lot of new things, grew in a lot of different ways, figured out who my real and fake friends were, worked a lot harder in school, and started off in my new journey in Duluth. 

I'll leave you off with one of my favorite verses:

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11. 

There's my two cents for the day. Have a wonderful week!

5 comments:

  1. 2012 was a really good year in the way that I grew a lot and figured some things out and sorted thru my life. so I'm looking forward to the new year to be able to apply these lessons, and I'm going to be traveling, a lot! of course that's exciting ;) I'm thinking 2013 might just be my best year yet! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kiley, you are an incredibly talented young women, and I have been in the same sort of situations as you and JEREMIAH 29:11 is one of my favourite verses to!

    God Bless
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeremiah 29:11 is my confirmation verse... I absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post. Thanks! I shared at www.facebook.com/therealestatereality

    ReplyDelete