duluth lift bridge


I have memories, at least once from each summer, of coming to Duluth as a tourist and stranger to the area. I loved growing up coming here at least once a year to spent time at our favorite places. Canal park and the lift bridge were always the highlight of the trip. We'd sit out in the sun with hand scooped ice cream and watch the bridge lift just enough for a small or huge boat to fit underneath. We'd listen to stories from when my dad was young, growing up here. Most were about his experiences of delivering pizza with the lovely Sammys pizza. I never expected to move here, ever.  Duluth went from being my favorite place in Minnesota, to somewhere I was bitter about living at, to my beautiful home. I am truly happy with this beautiful place. The lift bridge lit up at night is the most beautiful site around. 

No comments:

Post a Comment